So many energetic changes have occurred since last month! From the Universe and Planetary shifts to the changes we are experiencing daily with early sunsets! Our energy cycles are affected by this normal yearly occurrence.
Notice you become tired earlier in the evening as it becomes dark at 4:30 PM?
When you go to bed tired, do you find you can’t sleep well? Maybe you fall asleep quickly, but it only lasts a few hours. Then, you toss and turn the rest of the night. It’s frustrating to say the least. No matter how tired we become, we are not refreshed when we get up in the morning.
Do you find that your moods are beginning to change to having more sadness or depression symptoms than a few weeks ago? Are you having more tearful moments, increased frustrations because you feel low moods happening? Maybe you feel more anxiousness and worry because it makes no sense to feel this way?
Well, you have good reason to be experiencing these energetic imbalances.
It’s called Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD. Our melatonin, dopamine, and serotonin production reduce greatly without the sunshine to stimulate our brain centers that release these hormones. This occurs when the ratio of sunshine to darkness changes to more darkness than light, and early darkness by late afternoon. As a human, we need to continue to work and function in our world daily throughout the winter months instead of taking a 4 month rest with Mother Nature- right!
Here are some easy Energetic Tools you can use for Self-Care to lessen the intolerance to lack of sunshine.
- Stay Grounded- very important or energy won’t stay balanced. Rub a stainless steel spoon on the bottom of your feet to help ground and keep your polarity in order.
- Rejuvenate your Pineal Gland, Pituitary Gland, and Hypothalamus by holding your head in the following manner for 3-4 minutes every day:
- Place palm of left hand on forehead near the hair line and lay the fingers down on the head
- Place palm of right hand at the back base of your head and direct your fingers up towards thetop of your head.Allow your fingers of both hands to meet in the middle and touch.
- Breathe as you hold these powerful acupoints
- Do the 4-Thumps a few times each day:
- Tap firmly 4-5 times just under eyes on the cheekbones (Stomach 1 acupoint)
- Tap firmly just under the collar bone on both sides (Kidney 27 acupoint)
- Tap firmly the upper portion of the sternum (Thymus Gland is under here)
- Tap firmly on both sides of the outside of the ribs at the level across from the breasts, directly below the armpit.
- You can invest in full spectrum lights and have them light your workspace and home
- Get yourself outside in the midday and “Let The Sunshine In!”
- If you feel your mood has changed greatly, please seek professional guidance for additional support.The holidays may be more of a challenge during winter.Please don’t force yourself to ‘ride out winter’.We are not Great Emperor Penguins- reach out for assistance if needed.
- Continue your Daily Energy Routine
Dr. Gail Van Kanegan, DNP, FNP, APHN, EEM-AP
Reiki Master, Shamanic Practitioner
Art of Raising Frequency Practitioner
Eden Energy Medicine Advanced Practitioner
Course Administrator EMTT
Faculty Eden Energy Medicine