Dr. Gail Van Kanegan, DNP, FNP
MidWest Energy Medicine is staffed by an innovative entrepreneur woman: Dr. Gail Van Kanegan, DNP, FNP, MSN, APHN-BC, EEM-AP, Reiki Master, Former Assistant Professor Mayo Clinic School of Medicine of Rochester, MN; Past Clinical Director Augsburg University Doctor of Nursing Practice-Family Nurse Practitioner Program, and recently retired Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner at Mayo Clinic, Rochester. Dr. Gail is dedicating her ‘New Life’ to Healing Through The Energies and navigating the world as she is divinely directed to do so.
Dr. Gail Van Kanegan, DNP, FNP, APHN-BC is a Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, Doctor of Nursing Practice and is nationally board certified as an Advanced Practice Holistic Nurse, and Nationally Certified Whole Health Educator. She has been professionally involved in the health care field for 50 years. Dr. Gail integrates holistic healing with traditional medicine to meet the needs of the individual. She believes that by utilizing our energies and natural methods of healing, the key to curing disease and maintaining health for today and the future is truly in every individual’s hand.
Dr. Gail Van Kanegan has an active Energy Medicine Healing practice and Workshop venue. Dr. Gail is a graduate of Donna Eden’s Energy Medicine Certification Program, graduate of Donna Eden Year 3 Clinical Practitioner program and Certified as Advanced Practitioner having completed Year 4 of Energy Medicine Study with Donna Eden for GRID and Life Regression Therapy. Dr. Gail’s healing practice is active for individuals of all ages with no experience necessary. She has a fondness for working with gifted individuals for sensing energies who have not yet come to realize their true potential.
A great deal of Dr. Gail’s energy work integrates Shamanic Healing Practices, Grid work, Advanced Chakra clearing and regression with high vibrational energy matrix, Eden Energy Medicine. Dr. Gail channels Guardian Angel messages and messages from Loved Ones who have transitioned to Spirit to her clients. Dr. Gail has studied under Suzanne Giesemann, former Navy Commander and Commanding Officer who served as aide to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on 9/11. Suzanne Giesemann is a world recognized evidential medium, Spiritualist, and Messenger of Hope who has authored 13 books.
Dr. Gail is a Certified Instructor for Eden Method Teacher Training, Eden Method Level 1- Fundamentals (formerly Foundations) Guest Instructor Eden’s Method Level 2: Certification Training. She is a Reiki Master, Shamanic Practitioner, and High Vibrational Energy Matrix Practitioner.
She is the author of two resource books with the newest publication being released in June of 2016.
- Barbara Evans, Gail Van Kanegan & Jackie Mulanax: “The Art of Raising Frequency. Setting the Vibrations for Healing” (June 2016). A Manual for using The Chakra Keys in clinical practice.
- “How To Survive Your Hospital Stay” (2003). (Fireside Publications, Simon & Schuester)
- Gail has offered hundreds of health and healing seminars over the years.
- Gail is one of the Founding Steering Committee Members, Chair of the Education Committee, and Past President of the Illinois Society for Advanced Practice Nursing (www.ISAPN.org).
- Gail is the recipient of numerous awards for professional contributions and is a member of the American Holistic Nurses Association and the American College of Nurse Practitioners.
“My goal is to ‘Share the Energy’ of knowledge with the public and Professional Health Care Providers in the field of Energy Medicine and Holistic Health Care. Energy Medicine compliments ALL types of Health Care Practice!” “It is my Spiritual calling and mission in this life to empower others to heal utilizing the knowledge and the energies already provided to us. Energy Medicine does not replace traditional medical treatments. “Medicine helps us become well, Energy Heals Us” (Dr. Gail 2015). Energy Medicine complements and assists with all aspects of healing; Mind, Body, and Spirit. Blessings to all! ’Share the Energy!’” “We are pioneers, forging the Energy Flows through the MidWest to help people learn how to heal in the most natural holistic manner.”
- Assistant Professor Mayo Clinic School of Medicine 2018
- Shamanic Practitioner 2017
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, Augsburg University, Rochester, MN, 2013
- Eden Energy Medicine Foundations Instructor since 2012
- Authorized Instructor Eden Energy Medicine 101 & 102, 2011
- Certified Whole Health Educator, January 2011
- Eden Energy Medicine Advanced Practitioner, 2010
- Reiki Master, 2007
- Certified Family Nurse Practitioner. 1996
- Master of Science in Nursing- University of Missouri- Columbia- 1996
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing- Blessing Rieman College of Nursing, Quincy, IL 1993
- Associate of Science- John Wood Community College- Quincy, IL 1992
- Diploma of Nursing- Blessing Hospital School for Nurses- Quincy, IL 1982
- Gail Van Kanegan has been a registered nurse since 1982 and has worked with and educated nurses and nursing students at all levels of professional nursing education.
- Gail Van Kanegan has been practicing holistic health care with individuals, professionals, patients, and clients for the past 30 years.
- Gail is a Reiki Master and a Certified Eden Energy Medicine Advanced Practitioner.
- Gail is a Certified Whole Health Educator by the National Institute of Whole Health.
- She is a Doctor of Nursing Practice in Transcultural Nursing with her study focus in Energy Medicine through Augsburg University in Rochester, MN.
- Certified by the American Holistic Nursing Association as an Advanced Practice Holistic Nurse:
- Gail has been involved in applying for continuing education credits for nursing education programs since 1982.
- Gail was the first Advanced Practice Nurse in Illinois (1999) to develop a professional continuing education program dedicated to meet the needs of the Advanced Practice Nurses’ professional education requirement for maintaining national certification.
- Gail Van Kanegan served as the Illinois Society for Advanced Practice Nursing’s (ISAPN) Program Committee Chair for four years before being elected as President of ISAPN.
- Gail Van Kanegan served as President of the Great River Advance Practice Nurses Education Association in Quincy Illinois for ten years and was responsible for obtaining continuing education credits for bimonthly professional advanced practice nursing education programs for ten years.
- Gail Van Kanegan has an active Energy Medicine Healing practice.
- Gail is Author of “How To Survive Your Hospital Stay,” and has offered hundreds of health and healing seminars over the years
- Gail is Past President and Founding Member of the Illinois Society for Advanced Practice Nursing,
- She is the recipient of numerous awards for professional contributions and achievements,
- Gail is a member of the American Holistic Nurses Association and the American College of Nurse Practitioners.
- Gail has authored and published with Barbara Evans & Jackie Mulanax: ‘The Art of Raising Frequency. Setting the Vibrations for Healing (June 2016). A Manual for Using The Chakra Keys in Clinical Practice.